Flash video (59 min)
Produced by UC Davis Academic Technology Services
Attorney general debate
Watch a video of the Oct. 5 California attorney general debate at UC Davis between candidates Steve Cooley and Kamala Harris.
Brown/Whitman: Face to Face
Jerry Brown and Meg Whitman faced off Tuesday, Sept. 28, at UC Davis. The first debate between the Democrat and Republican candidates for governor of California took place from 6 p.m. to 7 p.m. PDT in the UC Davis Mondavi Center for the Performing Arts.
By Dave Jones
Dateline UC Davis, 9.29.10
The gubernatorial debate on Sept. 28 gave everyone at UC Davis a political workout:
- Davis College Democrats and Students for Meg who went toe-to-toe on Vanderhoef Quad.
- Faculty members who participated in a forum, before the debate, about what to watch and listen for.
- A dozen students who worked on the Truth Team, instantly checking facts as the debate went on.
- Hundreds of staff, from University Communications and Government and Community Relations and elsewhere, who organized and ran the debate that attracted media attention from around the country.
Attorney General Jerry Brown, the Democratic candidate for governor, got in two workouts: as a campaigner, on stage, and as a runner, before the debate, on the indoor track at the Activities and Recreation Center.…
More campus coverage
- By the numbers (Dateline, 9.29.10)
What did it take for UC Davis to host the Jerry Brown-Meg Whitman debate?
The answer can be found in the numbers.…
- Forum panelists discuss the debate’s potential impacts (Dateline 9.29.10)
The swing voters who decide elections do not usually watch debates in large numbers, but such a debate can still produce a campaign’s defining moments and determine the candidates’ fates, a panel of experts said during a Debate Watch Forum on Sept. 28.… Watch a video from the pre-debate forum.
- 'A major plus for the campus' (Dateline 9.29.10)
The university adds a one-day seminar, Live from UC Davis: The First Gubernatorial Debate of 2010, putting the campus and its faculty and students at the center of the state’s political stage.…
- Images from Debate Day (Photos by Karin Higgins, Mark Honbo and Sam Sellers of UC Davis and pool photography by Jose Luis Villegas and Hector Amezcua of The Sacramento Bee; produced by Karin Higgins and Dave Jones of University Communications)
- See Meg Whitman and Jerry Brown’s first gubernatorial debate (Sacramento Bee)
- Campus heats up with debate and demonstrations (Sacramento Bee)
- UC Davis photos on Flickr
UC Davis campus photographer Karin Higgins provides a photo album of the day.